Equity and Inclusion = Burnout Prevention
Come focus on burnout prevention for nonprofit professionals through an equity and inclusion lens. Content will include self-care as well as organizational strategies to prevent burnout. The workshop will address how stress and burnout is facilitated by racial inequality; social determinants of health; the minority stress model; burnout and the critical role of self-care/burnout prevention in racial justice work. The workshop will be interactive and practical; participants will leave with greater understanding, first-hand experience, and clear action steps.
- Understand the links between burnout and racial inequity.
- Understand the added need for self-care when doing racial justice work.
- Experience effective self-care practices.
- Identify effective organizational strategies to minimize burnout that incorporate a racial equity lens.
- Create a mini-action plan for self-care and organizational change.